Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Interpretations
what does it really mean? adhering to fact or to the ordinary construction or primary meaning of a term or expression
-Merriam-Webster expressing one thing in terms normally denoting another with which it may be regarded as analogous
-Merriam-Webster compares two things that are different in enough ways so that their similarities, when pointed out, are interesting, unique and/or surprising.
- 42explore.com EXAMPLE: "a wet blanket" "a negative individual who takes pleasure in ruining other peoples fun" "a piece of cloth drenched with some form of liquid" but someone may interpret Van Gogh's Starry Night differently than someone else what can we interpret from this poster? we all interpret green lights as meaning GO two basic types of meaning: an interpretation can also be either a description or an explanation most take this literally but the crown may refer to a population controlling "Big Brother" attitude and there is always another meaning to something that may seem... just remember... completely obvious as a "Don't Worry, It will be OK" slogan the figurative meaning... the literal meaning... interpretation is mostly left to the interpreter. We as humans cant see eye to eye constantly