Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Organizational Development - Steele Case Study
Transcript of Organizational Development - Steele Case Study
Goals Systems Affected Causes
Unclear Job Responsibilities for
Richard Leeman And Donna Olson
Ineffective Leadership Practices
Competition VS. Cooperation
Autonomy VS. Subordinate •Disconnect within the PR department branches: chemical
•Compromised public image towards customers
•Compromised team function – subordinates may take up the feud
• Managing talent: pulling team strengths for synergy while minimizing team weaknesses
• Inability/Hesistancy to lead (Gene Robertson)
Steele Enterprises, Inc., Western Region, Public Relations Division Managing talent: pulling team strengths for synergy while minimizing team weaknesses
Inability/Hesitancy to lead (Gene Robertson) Micro STEELE ENTERPRISES Team Development
Sources of conflict for teamwork:
PR Dinner Macro Problems (Macro & Micro) Mediation through HR for Donna and Richard
Documented roles and responsibilities for Donna and Richard on the different assignments
Gene will need to assess his managerial style and skills
- possibly make changes to effectively manage the two department managers
Restate company goals, mission and vision to ensure Donna and Richard are working toward the same
goals and as a team toward company goals Alternatives Recommendations Harvey, D. F., & Brown, D. R. (2006). An experiential approach to organization development. Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall
Daft, R. L., & Lane, P. G. (2011). The Leadership experience (5e [ed.] ed.). Australia: South-Western Cengage Learning.
Bolman, L. G., & Deal, T. E. (2011). Leading with soul: an uncommon journey of spirit (Rev. 3rd ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass. References