Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Tulsa, Oklahoma in the 1960s
Transcript of Tulsa, Oklahoma in the 1960s
They have culture of fashions and art. They listened to western swing music from the 1930's and the 1940's. The style was passed oral tradition. Today Oklahoma's fiddlers maybe one or two songs or riddles by Bob Willis or other western swing players.
- The most popular gangs were the Greasers and the Socs.
- They used slang as a code. Ex. Chickie/Cops. Debs- Girlfriends of the gang/Down kiddie- A tough guy
Tulsa is located in Northeastern Oklahoma near the Arkansas River.
The population was 455,261
It is now the largest city in Oklahoma.
Teenagers did a lot of things for fun. They didn't have fancy technology like iPhones or Samsung's. They went to drive-in movies, bowling and other games played with friends.