Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Unit 1 G8: Nature of Science
Transcript of Unit 1 G8: Nature of Science
(cc) image by jantik on Flickr
Post It Note
1 sheet newspaper
1 meter masking tape
1. How did working in a group make this activity easier to accomplish than working alone?
2. How did working in a group make this activity harder to accomplish than working alone?
1. Using only the newspaper and masking tape, build a ramp that:
a. Is at least 25 cm. in height.
b. Will carry marble the entire length of the ramp without being touched after it is first released.
c. Will cause the marble to change direction at least once.
d. Will stop the marble at the end of the ramp.
2. Do not use the scissors or meter stick as part of the ramp.
3. You will not receive extra paper or tape, once you use it up, it's gone!
You have 15 minutes!
(cc) image by nuonsolarteam on Flickr
Tools Scientist use to Solve Problems
Can you name others?
Another helpful tool...
It is easier than you think....
Criterion A: Knowledge and understanding
Criterion B: Inquiring and designing
Criterion C: Processing and evaluating
Criterion D: Reflecting on Impacts of Science