Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Novel Optical Refraction Index
Transcript of Novel Optical Refraction Index
Refractive Index Calculation
- In Liquids
- In Solids
Aknowledgments School of Mathematical and Physical Science, Autonomus University of Nuevo Leon, Mexico. H. de los Reyes Cruz, S. Arroyo rivera, A. castillo Guzmán, R. selvas, V. Navarro Franco Abstract Experimental
Setup Is composed of:
- Chamber in which a specimen to be treated is arranged. - Observation and measurement unit
- Cooper plate
- Optical fiber to an
- Operation and control unit
- Computer Collects light from the backward direction of a fiber optic. The WDM injects the optical signal in a fiber optic and in its forward direction this signal beam is put in contact with the sample, and then the response of its optical poperty of this material is used to get the information back to the system. Experimental setup For our optical fiber sensor, the setup consists in a diode of 630 nm as the light source. This diode is fusion spliced with a WDM which sends the light to the sampel trough the mechanical arrangement. The position of a moving platform relative to a fixed base (lens holder) is controlled by an external linear actuator motorized, which incorporate a lead screww passing trough a lead nut in this platform. The rotation of such a lead screw is controlled by a stepper motor. Real time data adquisition card 1 Photoelectric Transducer 2 It then uses a feedback control adjustment of laser power. 3 Mother Board for control and measurement. 1 Height of our reference. For all the samples it was used a cooper plate due to its high reflectivity. So all the samples were set on this plate .
2 The relative surface height of each sample as it is shown.
3 Height of the bottom of the sample. R.I. Calculations Results The measuring of the refractive indexes of liquids and semitransparent solids are possible. The operation principle is based on the search of the lens focal point considering the maximum intensity of the laser beam which is reflected by each sample. Additionally, the instrument developed was found to be used for a large variety of sensing applications (eg. proximity sensing, deep analysis for gasoline contaminants, etc.). It is also considered the implementation of different wavelength lasers as light sources. Liquids Results Solids This work was supported by the Mexican Council of Science and Technology (CONACYT) under grant 61085 and by the Mexican Ministry of Education (SEP) under grand 2523. This works describes a novel optical refraction index sensor that is based on the analysis of double reflection lecture detection. First identifies the thickness of a semitransparent solid or liquid material by the retro-reflection of a laser diode; this measure is perform as a function of distance along the device under test with a Z-axis scanner to find the focusing point. The feedback signal brings how far traveled the beam path, which is indirectly related with the refractive index at different materials, the data of the thickness at each layer is treating with a geometrical analysis of the beam velocity.