Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
DO PD - Jigsaws!
Transcript of DO PD - Jigsaws!
2.4A Routines, procedures
3.2B Cognitive level of student
3.3A Academic Discourse
Experimenting with different kinds of Jigsaws
main ideas and supporting details
related to their assigned topic.
Chinese and Korean influence on Japan
: Students answered an
why does a cultural influence matter?
3. Commerical, Agricultural and Technological developments in China:
Students identified and shared
evidence of progress
found in the texts.
INDUCTION, YEAR 2
Final Presentation :)
-North Carolina Digital History
-The Teaching Channel
-Data collected from in-class activities
-Front-load key terms
students read abstract texts
-Assign group roles when students meet back with original groups.
-SYNTHESIS: Take an extra day for students to create a project using every member's expertise!
16 boys, 12 girls
as strong at following directions!
Overall, students take work seriously.
Focus Student - Alex M
-250 ELA minutes, 90 Math minutes weekly
If I incorporate
activities, will students in Yale be able
to answer rigorous, open-ended questions
(as measured by Exit Ticket responses
and class discussions) by the end
of our China Unit while
using evidence from texts?
Students were unable to succeed on Exit Tickets that required knowledge of all topics presented.
Each time, students did not become the experts on all topics that I hoped they would be :/
Students with IEPs were not supported as much as I thought they would be.
Reflection & Next Steps
1. In order for jigsaws to be successful, I have to allow for more
of information before assessing.
2. My jigsaws were not very rigorous on their own...they would benefit from an additional day or two spent on an
3. For more abstract texts, frontloading
4. This is a LOT of content for students with IEPs to keep track of! I can support them by