Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Pointillism
by Georges Seurat
Painted in 1886
Took 2 years to complete
7 by 10 feet
Currently on display at the Art Institute of Chicago.
Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte is so famous that it has been copied and recreated often:
A method of painting developed in France in the 1880s
Tiny dots of color are applied to the canvas
Relies on OPTICAL MIXING (the viewer's eyes blend bits of pure color placed next to each other)
When viewed from a distance, the points of color appear to blend together to make other colors and to form shapes and outlines.
Pointillist Still Life
with Fruits and Vegetables