Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Ask Me About RT! Creating a Lasting Brand through Powerful I
Transcript of Ask Me About RT! Creating a Lasting Brand through Powerful I
Where it began...
Niles Kuronen, 26
“It was huge to work with friends”
Ask Me About RT!
Creating a Lasting Brand through Powerful Imagery
"They're like Generation X on Steroids"
1. Prospective Students
3. Practitioners, Payers, and Administrators
Where are all of the RT students?
How do we get more students into the FIU RT program?
At the Starbucks in the library, a TV is on CNN, but nobody is watching. Students, mostly in small groups sit at tables studying, texting, sending emails, and in some cases – talking to one another… sometimes all at the same time. At a table, one student sits alone with a grande coffee cup, talking on a cell phone, while typing on her laptop.
College students more connected than ever through their smart phones
Survey: Community college students prize Internet access over teachers
College Students Are Addicted to the Internet -
A new study found that college students who abstained from all media for 24 hours felt symptoms of psychological withdrawal, including anxiety and depression
The Internet Generation
They have financial smarts
Work-Life balance isn’t a just a buzz word
Don’t expect to stay in a job, or even a career, for too long
Bruce Tulgan of Rainmaker Thinking
Striking confidence about work and believe they can make it if they apply themselves
Place their “personal stamp” on every endeavor
Believe a career should be connected to one’s passion, particularly if it helps them to learn new things
*Pew Research Center poll - 81% of 18-25 year olds said getting rich is their generation’s most important goal (51% - famous)
So, what do other professions’ websites look like?
Marketing Human Service Professions
* More than 500 million active users
* More than 250 million through mobile devices
* 50% of our active users log on in any given day
* Average user has 130 friends
* People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on it
* Average user creates 90 pieces of content each month
* About 70% of users are outside the United States
It’s all about
Boldness Changes Everything
“Smartly compete for their fleeting attention.” “Simplicity and transparency will reign.”
Marketing RT to a Technologically Savvy Market
Where’s the RT?
"SMS of the Internet”
*Estimated 200 million users
*65 million tweets a day
*63% of Twitter users are less than thirty-five years old
“They’d rather text than talk”
Marketing Generation Y
"Generation Z is technology"
am a Recreational Therapist!
Florida International University