Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Opposition to Janis & Janis
Transcript of Opposition to Janis & Janis
Opposed by: Baiba Plakane & Zane Kokina Facts:
Banking sector - trust & double-crisis
- small generalizability
- highly unlikely to repeat in Latvia Importance of the topic RQ: What are the specific factors of rebranding during a recession that banks face inevitably?
- Unclear - what are the specific factors? H1: Brand loyalty tends to decrease during economic crisis
H2: Brand awareness stays constant during recession
H3: Requirement for perceived quality increases during recession
- Just a partial link between H and RQ,
If the link were strong - H2 would change Facts:
Terminology; Specific terms; Rebranding; Corporate rebranding; Types of rebranding; Reasons to rebrand; What to focus on when rebranding?; Crisis.
+ Specific terminology explained;
+ Good structure
- Not all terms explained (brand equity)
- The real topic is little covered (shift Aaker's Loyalty Pyramid!)
- Previous research by Dolgiha & Salnikova is not covered
- Given advice to brand managers
- More reliable sources needed Review of Literature Facts:
Aaker’s Brand Equity Model:
Other Proprietary Brand assets
+ The choice of the model is appropriate
+ The model is well presented in the study (table) Theoretical Framework (a) DDB Brand Capital survey
(b) 2 interviews (N.Zalpeteris, Ģ.Ozols)
(c) Media content analysis
- No clear overview of methodology
- No discussion of reliability and validity
- No customers' view on Swedbank's rebranding Methodology + DDB Brand capital survey - reliability & generalisability
+ The content of the survey - well described
- The reliability not presented to the reader
- Improvements in the structure needed
- The samples in 2007 & 2008 might be unrepresentative.
Comments on DDB Brand Capital Survey + Interviewees are well chosen
+ Replicability ensured
+ Findings are well integrated in the text
- Why so few? Why not other stakeholders included?
Comments on interviews + You conduct media analysis Comments on Media content analysis Yet, there is something missing! Facts:
(a) H1 approved - brand loyalty tends to decrease during economic recession
(b) H2 is rejected – brand awareness is not constant during the recession, it is increasing (people get aquainted with different brands)
(c) H3 is approved - Requirement for perceived quality increases during recession. - but mistakenly rejected in the Analysis part ( ! )
- The use of SPSS - not transparent
- Lack of visual content
- Section “Customer values” is too detailed (No link with H & RQ) Analysis: DDB Brand Capital Facts:
The Swedbank case is analysed, compared to other banks in DDB Brand Capital.
Conclusion: Swedbank maintained its high position despite the lost brand loyalty and lower perceived quality during the crisis
+ The case is well described
+ The comparison of banks links both concepts (rebranding and recession) very well
+ The analysis is easy to follow
Specific factors banks inevitably face during the crisis:
Decrease in loyalty to their brand
Smaller than average increase in brand awareness
Decrease in perceived quality of your services
(Banks in recession specific)
Being blamed for the recession
Contagion from failing banks.
Almost inevitable failure to make a good first impression.
You will be criticized for your actions, more than you deserve
The values that are topical when you start your rebranding might be outdated after a while
Conclusions Comments on conclusions:
+ well structured
- contain new information (move it to analysis!)
- specific factors - lastly understood
- cannot generalize from one - leader’s case
Decrease in customer loyalty to all brands, including banks
Brand awareness increases during recession, but for banks to a lesser extent.
Perceived quality decreases during recession In appendices SPSS output & appendices in Latvian
Headings - problematic for non-native symbol speakers
General remarks 1. Why not to focus on one: all brands in recession, or QL study of Swedbank's rebranding case?
2. Swedbank did not change their rebranding practices because of crisis -
Was it a smart move?
3. Why not case study method? Q The floor is yours!