Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Themes and Motifs
Transcript of Themes and Motifs
Usually about life, society or human nature.
The theme is NOT one word (justice, loyalty, etc) - Society is becoming too voyeuristic
- Appearances are important to
- The government holds too
- Society is becoming desensitized to violence Survival is not a theme, it is only an idea for a story.
While surviving, the character could discover 'survival is difficult because humanity is instinctively cruel.'
THAT could be a theme Example of Motifs
in The Hunger Games Themes, Motifs, and Symbols
- Survival A motif is an event or image that is used,
often repeatedly, within a story to reinforce
the theme of a work. - Fire Any others? - a symbol is a representation
of an idea or concept.
- a word or object that stands
for another word or object What are some
examples of symbols in The Hunger Games? Panem
Mockingjays SYMBOLS Whats the difference between symbols and motifs? A symbol is an object, a picture, a written word, or a sound that is used to
A motif is an image, spoken or written word, sound, act, or another visual or structural device that is used to develop a theme. represent something. - Hunting How do these motifs help build a theme? How are symbols and motifs different? What we just went over The Real Challenge A symbol is an object, a picture, a written word,
or a sound that is used to represent something.
A motif is an image, spoken or written word, or sound that is used to develop a theme. Analyzing themes, motifs, and
symbols in literature and using
them as supportive evidence
in analysis essays or long answers. What are some themes
in The Hunger Games? Examples?