Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Mexican Ceramic Trees of Life
Transcript of Mexican Ceramic Trees of Life
Izucar de Matamoros. Mexican Ceramic Trees of life are a traditional form of folk art in the country of mexico. Large Antique Mexican Tree of Life Candelabra - Soteno Family 1960’s The trees are made of clay, and have a symmetrical body. “Tree of Life” attr: Heron Martinez
Circa 1960 When something is symmetrical
it means it the same on both sides.
If we were to divide it in half if
would be exactly the same! Mexican Ceramic trees of life were traditionally
made in the middle area of Mexico,
our neighboring country creating pottery has been a part
heritage for a long time. Some of the earliest
pottery in Mexico dateS
back to 1800 BC The state Metepec, in Mexico, is the
most famous for the TREES OF LIFE THERE ARE THREE MAIN PARTS OF THE TREE OF LIFE:
1) THE BASE (THE PART THE TREE IS BUILT ON
2) THE BODY OF THE TREE (THE SYMMETRICAL "TRUNK")
3) THE ATTACHMENTS (THE CLAY "FIGURES" THAT ARE STUCK INTO THE TREE'S TRUNK WITH WIRE tREES OF LIFE WERE CREATED TO TELL BIBLICAL STORIES. tHAT IS WHY MANY OF THE TREES HAVE BIBLICAL CHARACTERS AS THEIR ATTACHMENTS IMAGE FROM ETSY.COM tHIS IS A HOMEMADE EXAMPLE OF A TREE OF LIFE THAT TELLS THE
STORY OF ADAM AND EVE. BOTH ADAM AND EVE ARE SHAPED AND ATTACHED TO THE BODY OF THE TREE. THE SERPANT, LEAVES, AND FRUITS ARE ALSO ATTACHED TO COMPLETE THE STORY tHE ATTACHMENTS ARE MEANT TO TELL A
STORY of importance to the person
who makes it Many of the trees of life tell a biblical story. A main reason for this is because in mexico, the catholic faith is the dominant religion But, other stories/themes are also found in the trees- Tree of Life Candle Holder
artist unknown Tree of Life Candle holder created
in honor of the Mexican Celebration "Day of the Dead" "Catrin"
artist unknown The day of the dead is still celebrated in
Mexico http://www.azcentral.com/ent/dead/articles/dead-history.html Double Click on the above website for information on the "Day of the Dead" Many of Today's Trees of Life also celebrate nature This untitled tree, created by an unknown artist, features images of nature- birds, leaves, butterflys, and flowers The nativity is also a popular "story"
told on Today's trees of life Mini Nativity
by Virginia Morgan
.html As is Noah's ark- Ceramic Tree of Life Sculpture "Noah's Ark" Jaime Esquivel
http://www.novica.com/itemdetail/index.cfm?pid=169019 Today- the trees are made
mainly to sell, however, in
the pas they were made with
the intent of being strictly
as gifts for weddings The following video from YOUTUBE showcases mexican artists creating the trees