Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
2. How does your media product represent particular social g
Transcript of 2. How does your media product represent particular social g
Because there aren't any characters introduced in my opening sequence, on of the only representation of social groups within my product is the representation of teenage girls through the use of a missing persons poster as well as off-guard photographs. Because the girl has clearly been abducted in the narrative of my film, it represents teenage girls as potentially vulnerable with voyeurism around teenage girls as well as being objectified, implying that they are mainly seen as a sexual object that can be taken and used rather than actual people.
The social group of stalkers is presented through the use of camera shots showing his "lair" which appears to be very run-down, old and dirty, including the tools he has as well as the pictures he has taken of the victim, in preparation for her abduction. This illustrates that stalkers are generally presented as dirty, cruel and sinister, with the capability of being sly and initially appearing normal in the public eye however their private lives are a complete contrast of obsessive, impulsive, voyeuristic and sinister ideas.
2. How does your media product represent particular social groups?