A downloaded presentation, also known as a portable prezi, is a standalone file that doesn't require an Internet connection or a Prezi Next account to be viewed or presented. They’re excellent for making a backup, and a great way to be prepared for your presentation.
Paid feature: Downloading a presentation is available for users with a Plus or higher Prezi Next plan. Luckily it’s a breeze to upgrade your license and get access to this and all the other great features our Prezi plans have to offer.
Presenting a downloaded presentation
A portable prezi will come as either an EXE file for Windows or a ZIP file for Mac. If you've received a portable prezi for viewing, make sure it is one of these file types. Otherwise, the presentation will not be viewable.
Note: If your presentation has a YouTube video, you’ll need an Internet connection to view it.
- Double-click on the EXE file. Your presentation will load.
- When it opens, it’s immediately ready to view or present.
Note: Windows 7 with DirectX 9 or higher is required to view a portable prezi. You’ll also need a dedicated or integrated graphics card.
- Double-click the ZIP file to unzip the folder.
- Open the folder, and double-click on the Prezi icon to open your presentation.
- It is now ready to be viewed by a client or shown to the world.
Note: Viewing a downloaded presentation on Mac requires OS 10.9 or above.
Viewing with macOS Sierra
- Double-click to unzip the portable prezi.
- Drag the Prezi logo to your desktop.
- Drag the contents folder to your desktop. (Do not do steps 2 and 3 together.)
- Click the Prezi logo on your desktop to view or present your portable prezi.
Once you open the presentation you can navigate as usual. Click on the arrows at the bottom of the presentation or use the arrows on your keyboard.
Autoplay for downloaded presentations
To set the autoplay feature, click the cogwheel in the lower right corner of your screen and select an interval of 4, 10, or 20 seconds.
Note: Autoplay is not currently available for presentations that contain audio. If your downloaded presentation contains an audio file, the cogwheel will not appear in the lower right corner.