Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Parts of Speech
Transcript of Parts of Speech
Modifies or describes a noun or pronoun.
Examples: beautiful, green, fast
A person, place, thing, or idea.
Proper nouns are always capitalized
Examples: apple, store, freedom PRONOUN
a word used for a noun, and usually substitutes for a specific noun.
Examples: I, she, he, they, mine ARTICLE
precedes a noun phrase and is either definite or indefinite.
Examples: a, an, the ADVERB
Qualifies or modifies a verb or adjective.
Examples: quickly, hastily, slowly
links nouns, pronouns and phrases to other words in a sentence.
Examples: between, across, over, under CONJUNCTION
joins words, phrases, or clauses and indicates the relationship between the elements joined.
Examples: and, but, because
What part of speech represents action?
Every word can be classified into one of these eight groups What part of speech joins words, phrases, and clauses? VERBS
words that show action
Examples: run, jump, dance,point