Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Azurite
"Special Properties" of Azurite
General Information About the Mineral Azurite
How is Azurite Mined?
Pale Blue to Very Dark Blue
perfect in one direction; fair in another direction
Uses of Azurite
Why Did I Pick Azurite?
More General Information
Value of Azurite
Azurite can be used for/as...
an ornamental stone
jewelry or beads
making blue pigments
a collector's stone
I picked Azurite because...
the color attracted me
I became more interested as I learned all of its uses
I had never heard of it and wanted to learn what it was
Many places around the world, but especially...
Where is Azurite Found?
it's an ore of copper
often occurs with malachite to form "Azure-malachite"
usually forms in the shape of a crystal
normally opaque, but can be translucent
Example of An Azurite Mineral Specimen
This Specific Azurite
"Hard rock mining" is used to extract Azurite from the earth. This involves going underground and using blasting and other machinery to separate the mineral deposit from the earth.