Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Short Vowels
Transcript of Copy of Short Vowels
A - Ate
Each vowel in english has a LONG vowel and SHORT vowel sound.
The SHORT vowel Sound:
What is the short vowel?
A b s e n t
I g n o r e
O b j e ct
U m p i r e
E c h o
And now we shift our attention to....
...Short Vowel Spelling Patterns:
When a single vowel is in between two consonants (letters that are not vowels), then it USUALLY has a short sound.
C A T
B E D
S I T
T O P
S U N
On the other hand..
When you add an "e" to the end of these words,
the vowel becomes a LONG VOWEL SOUND.
When the vowel is in the front of a short
letter word and follwed by a consonant, it is also