Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Short Vowels
Transcript of Copy of Short Vowels
A - Ate
Each vowel in english has a LONG vowel and SHORT vowel sound.
The SHORT vowel Sound:
What is the short vowel?
A b s e n t
I g n o r e
O b j e ct
U m p i r e
E c h o
And now we shift our attention to....
...Short Vowel Spelling Patterns:
When a single vowel is in between two consonants (letters that are not vowels), then it USUALLY has a short sound.
C A T
B E D
S I T
T O P
S U N
On the other hand..
When you add an "e" to the end of these words,
the vowel becomes a LONG VOWEL SOUND.
When the vowel is in the front of a short
letter word and follwed by a consonant, it is also