Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
MY PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN
Transcript of MY PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN
BAR discussion in class
Practice interviews in class
Mock interviews online
Extra Credit Reflections
A WELCOME TO GRAINGER HALL
how to grow?
ACADEMIC/CAREER EXPLORATION AND PLANNING
it began by . . .
ways to succeed in acedemics/careers
how to communicate professionally
defining my identity and how I work with others
Cronon's "Only Connect"
AND LED TO . . .
how to be professional?
PROFESSIONALISM AND COMMUNICATION
TO FURTHER APPLY
who are we?
DIVERSITY, IDENTITY, AND INCLUSION
see an academic/career adviser to create a 4-year plan before international study application is due in march
Review my DARS report
Use BuckyNet to schedule appointment
• Research which classes interest me here vs. abroad
• Discuss my goals for majors/certificates with advisor
• Draw a visual copy of what my 4 years should look like
Visit the Study Abroad office to discuss course/cultural opportunities before January applications are released.
• Study online about Dublin, Ireland & Seville, Spain
• Compare environment, housing, culture & school
• Meet with someone who has studied in Ireland
• Meet with International Studies office to compare course options
• Discuss which country would best fit my career path
TO FURTHER UTILIZE
THESE RESOURCES . . .
Dress & materials
Prepare for the Spring Career fair 2 weeks ahead of time with at least 3 fully researched companies
• Search for companies who could offer sophomore opportunities
• Narrow by preference and interest
• Review mission statements, internship requirements & skill set preferences
• Research outside of BuckyNet & on websites
• Take notes on company: current events, history, or blogs
• See if there they're on BuckyNet
• Practice in advance what I will say to each company
Participate in one Mock Interview session before March 1st and learn from the feedback
• Determine how/when I am able to attend a Mock Interview
• Review packets from high school about personal skills, leadership styles, and interview strategies
• Review notes from Compass course about BAR, my strengths, or other identity aspects discussed
• Go into the interview with a positive mindset
• Be criticism-ready when I am evaluated by the interviewer
• Take notes on how to improve and on what went well
my mission statement
i aim to
smile, be, think, and move.
I aim to
as i can bring joy to myself
in order to
& be peaceful.
then I will move myself
to be the best me i can be
in my personal,
98% of people
think they are here
is not just
putting everything together . . .
THE ALL EN LESSON IS:
continue using recources
continue professional development & making connections
continue self-discovery and empathazing with others
then i will be
a successfull leader
WISCONSIN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS