Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of CHARITY FUNDRAISER
Objective: Your team has been hired by a local charity to plan a holiday event. The goal of the event is to raise as much money as possible for the charity while creating an enjoyable event.
Your team has a budget of $1,000 to use as needed. Keep in mind, the more you spend, the more you need to raise.
Your team will complete the following tasks and create a Google presentation to present to the class.
Tips to Practice Good Listening Skills
1. Be attentive - Not distracted
2. Keep an open mind - Don't judge
3. Avoid interrupting
4. Ask clarifying questions
5. Give feedback
6. Show empathy
Communication skills deal with sending and receiving messages using speaking, writing, an nonverbal cues. During this activity make sure you use a clear voice that gets your message across, record your team's thoughts so they can be understood by others,and match your nonverbal cues to your message.
Read the following info-graphic on decision making and use the information to help make your fundraiser decisions.
Explain the following in your presentation:
1. Explain the important decisions you had to make when planning your event.
2. Who is your targeted audience?
3. How did you decide to market/advertise your event?
4. How much will it cost to put on your fundraiser? -
Show how you budgeted your money using a Numbers spreadsheet.
5. How much money do you predict you will make?
Create a digital advertisement for your fundraiser. It should include:
1. Information about the event - who, what, when, where, why, how, cost, other necessary details
2. Information about your charity - name of charity, their mission, and how the money raised will support them
3. Creativity - color, images, variety of text
4. Correct spelling and grammar
Using Google Calendar, create a"to-do" list calendar of actions you must accomplish before, during, and after your event. Take a screen shot to include in your presentation.
Before: planning activities, meeting with vendors, phone calls or emails to send, set up of event
During: timeline of events during the actual fundraiser
After: take down/clean up of event, thanking your supporters
ORGANIZATION AND PLANNING SKILLS
Answer the following questions about your group's teamwork and include in your presentation.
1. Did your team have roles? If so, describe them. If not, how did your team decide who would be responsible for completing tasks?
2. On a scale of 1-5 how would you rate your group's teamwork skills and why?
Here are the steps to the problems solving process.
1. Define the Problem
2. Gather Information and Analyze
3. Generate Possible Solutions
4. Select a Solution
5. Try the Solution
6. Evaluate if the Solution Worked
Think of a conflict your group had during the planning process. Using the steps above create a digital timeline using www.tiki-toki.com to show how your group worked through the conflict. You should include a box for each of the 6 steps in your timeline.
PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS
Adaptability is very important in the workplace and life. Answer the following questions and include them in your presentation.
1. On a scale of 1-5 rate how well your team reacted to problems when they occurred.
2. Describe an issue your group had to adapt to. Explain what you did to work through it.
Take turns talking with your group about your holiday memories. Take detailed notes while others are speaking.
Try to include as many details of those memories into your fundraiser event.
Digital tool to try: www.evernote.com
Using a brainstorming website, create a brainstorm map that helps your group develop ideas for your charity event. Include any ideas you come up with, even if you don't plan to use them for the actual event.
Ideas for Local Charities
, Mooresville Soup Kitchen, Christian Mission, Humane Society of Iredell County, Barium Springs, Levine Children's Hopital, local churches, etc.
Ideas for Fundraiser - festival, fair, dinner, fashion show, craft show, 5 on 5 tournament, corn hole tournament, 5K or marathon, etc.
Digital Tools to Try:www.bubbl.us, www.popplet.com, www.stormboard.com, www.spiderscribe.com, www.text2mindmap.com
Digital Tools to Try:
Newspaper Article- http://www.makemynewspaper.com
Infographics - www.smore.com, www.piktochart.com, www.easel.ly
Webpage, TV Commercial, www.Powtoon.com
* If you have another idea please get teacher approval.