Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Being a True Follower of God
Transcript of Being a True Follower of God
The person I chose who exemplifies both Beatitudes and True Discipleship is my cousin Heena!
Heena's birthday is on September 22 1992 and she is 21 years old. She has a family of 4, herself, her mom, her dad and her brother. Her family is Hindu and they speak the languages Hindi and Punjabi. Her mom comes from a very religious background. They worship/meditate their God at least 2 or 3 times every single day. Her dad's family is as religious as her mom's family and they also always keep God at the back of their minds in daily routines. Even though Heena's parents are religious, her brother doesn't quite run that way. He is a type of person who would listen to what his parents say, but he does not have that religious hunger or thirst for their God.
1. When Heena was around 6-7 years old, she met with an accident that could have taken her life. She was hit by a car as she was walking down, and a person came speeding into her and dragged her from the distance of one traffic light to half of another. Her parents were devastated as they witnessed her little girl being tortured and hurt right before their eyes. There was a huge ruckus on scene, but thankfully she was alive and moving. She was hospitalized for only 2 days, but was on best rest for a month. She spent a whole month in misery, alone in her bed, unable to walk, talk, or eat any solids. Her parents were brokenhearted looking at her condition. One day her mom put a picture of their God right in front of eyes on the wall, so she could feel a little more comforted. Her mom told her to pray to God, so that she could get better soon. The doctors had said that she was a very lucky child that had survived that terrible accident. This made my cousin believe at a very young age that their is power in this so called God and he does listen to you in times of need.
1. Blessed are the poor in spirit, for their is the kingdom of heaven
2. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy
3. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness
4. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness', for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
Characteristics of a True Discipleship
1. True disciples are ready to answer the call of God
2. True disciples are willing to go forth and spread the message of God
3. True disciples gather around God and listen to his words
What makes me want to emulate my cousin?
Sometimes I get really jealous of my cousin because of all that kindness, faith and courage she portrays. She has many characteristics in her, that our God and Jesus teach us about. I would always want a person like my cousin in my life, who I can look up to and who is humbly down to earth.
2. When my cousin was around 18 years old, her skin complexion used to be lighter and beautiful. Back home where she used to live, the water that flowed through the house for bathing was contaminated by led. Led is a type of substance that affect the colour of anything, forever, unless treated. In this case, skin colour. So, unaware her family bathed in that water every casual morning. But, one day my cousin woke up to a really dark complexion and was scared and worried as to what had happened. When everyone saw her, they were also left in confusion. They went to many doctors and they explained to her how and what had happened to her face skin. Every single doctor that they went to had given their answers and said that there was no cure for it. My cousin was fed up and tired because of all the hopelessness around. She used to pray to God so that her skin would get better and get healed, but nothing. Afterward, she used to pray to God telling him that she was thankful for her body and skin and there was nothing else she could ask for. At last, they went to one last doctor, and he said that he could make her skin 100% better and there was nothing to worry about. This made my cousin realize that God listens to everyone and he may be delayed, but still thinks about every person's well being.