Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Romeo and Juliet Act 3 scene 1 - Who is to blame?
D Princeon 11 March 2013
Transcript of Romeo and Juliet Act 3 scene 1 - Who is to blame?
> To plan an assessment essay based on this scene. Romeo and Juliet Quiz Rules:
1. No shouting out 2. Raise your hand if you know the answer 3. Be sensible 1. Name five members of the Capulet family/household
Juliet, Tybalt, Lord Capulet, Lady Capulet and The Nurse 2. Who killed Mercutio? 3. Who killed Tybalt? 4. What were the Prince's orders after Benvolio had told him about the fight? 5. Tybalt and Mercutio were part of a tragic event. What does this mean? Tybalt Romeo Romeo is banished from Verona This means that the event had a negative outcome and involved the loss of their lives. Who is to blame for the tragic events in Act 3 scene 1? > Mercutio
> The families
> The Prince
Who is responsible for the fight taking place in this scene?
How could the death of Mercutio and Tybalt been avoided? Think about this question as you watch the film clip and use it to help you to complete the grid. Pair work rules: 1. Ensure that you have understood the task.
2. You are allowed to talk to your partner and no one else!
3. Discuss the task with your partner and complete it to the best of your ability.
4. When you are asked to stop the task, do so promptly.
5. Be prepared to give feedback and answer questions on the task. If you fail to do this your name will be added to my list. Task: In pairs I want you to decide which character(s) are to blame for the tragic events in the scene.
Write the character down on your post-it note and state why you have blamed that character
Then, in a sensible manner, one of you need to place the post it note on the board. Task: In pairs I want you to decide which character(s) are to blame for the tragic events in the scene.
Write the character down on your post-it note and state why you have blamed that character. Place the post it note in the correct column on the board. Benvolio Tybalt Romeo Mercutio The Families The Prince Plan:
Who is to blame for the tragic events in Act 3 scene 1? Introduction:
Conclusion: Romeo is the character that is responsible for the tragic deaths of Mercutio and Tybalt. > He attended the Capulet Ball, which made Tybalt angry.
> Tybalt was angry at Romeo and not Mercutio. But because Mercutio knew Romeo, Tybalt ended up fighting him.
> He interfered with the fight, which allowed Tybalt to stab Mercutio with his sword.
> Romeo killed Tybalt. Romeo is clearly to blame because all of his actions resulted in the death of both characters. Plan a response based on a character of your choice.