Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
catintheroofon 12 March 2013
Transcript of melicloud_boston2011
and Ops far behind the needs Goes ... Just a moment ...
What is MERCADOLIBRE ? Leader e-commerce platform in Latin America Facts Products Presence over +14 countries 8th on-line world retailer +1600 employees +62 Million registered users 20M requests / min +1000 Physical Servers
+6000 Virtual Instances NEGATIVE IMPACTS
FOR THE BUSSINESS HOW WE RE-DESIGNED
TO BECOME A REAL IaaS MERCADOLIBRE
LOGICAL LANDSCAPE MERCADOLIBRE OPENSTACK ARCHITECTURE DEMAND = SUPPLY On line payment platform Pay for each click Advertisement SUPPLY != DEMAND
NO SUPPY -> DELAYED PROJECTS -> GOALS UNACCOMPLISHED
COMPANY STILL GROWING BUT NOT AS WE EXPECTED (IT was not following fast enough)
THE OPS TEAM WERE TAGGED AS A BOTTLENECK Your own e-commerce site using MercadoLibre platform * Zero-out our and our's developers minds - from persistant to stateless
* Move from a high OPS demanding model to a DevOps almost NoOps model
* Hours and sometimes days of hardware deployment to automatic provisioning
* Switch beetween cloning *.img files and live scripted customization to ...
just a few calls to the nova API
* WORK WORK RE-WORK
* Test, STACKTRACE, test, STACKTRACE, SUCCESS !!! Thank god we LOVE python ! Get paid for placing a MercadoLibre ad on your site We thought we could make it ... FROM ... Dev request -> Ops Vm creation -> Ops Vm scripted configuration -> Arq team components configuration -> Ops Storage volume creation and configuraton -> Monitoring request -> Sending traffic ... TO ... Dev -> MELI API server request CURL
Dev -> MELI volume create & attach
Dev -> Set VM to production state
Dev -> Nginx pull request We still ... thought we could make it (?) CONTACT US ! CONCLUSIONS Q&A Well ... we thought ... @ Alejandro Comisario
@catintheroof How we conceived our private cloud Thank
You !! +300 IT related 50k requests /sec peak on holidays
4Gb bandwidth / sec Leandro Reox