Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
BUILDING CODES AND BYE-LAWS
Transcript of BUILDING CODES AND BYE-LAWS
A Building of great historical or artistic vaue that has official protection, to prevent it from being changed or destroyed.
An official location where places of political military, cultural or social history have been preserved due to their cultural heritage value.
Heritage is the tradition, achivement, belief or honour, that are part of the history of place or a nation.
Heritage is the identity of every respective state, and they are putting considerable efforts to preserve and protect their centuries old rich heritage.
These sites are usually protected by law and many have been recogonised with official national historic site
IMPORTANCE OF PRESERVING HERITAGE BUILDINGS.
Evolution of human consciousness in a continuous process.
we are not born capable of judging fairly and wisely.
Every historical site has an important story to tell.
Heritage sites are connections to pasts.
Heritage monuments are great for econmoy.
WHAT MAKES A PROPERTY HISTORIC :
UNESCO adopted protection of world cultural and national heritage on nov-16-72.
HERITAGE ACTS IN INDIA:
India has its first law way back 2-centuries ago, from bengal regulation in 1810.
No building is maintenance-free, so every structure, heritage or new, requires care to limit
• Conserve traditional stucco walls. It is a rare and little used finish.
• When repairing, use the traditional ingredients and techniques, particularly the lime and
• When repairing stucco walls, analyze the stucco ingredients which may be Portland
• Retain skilled craftsmen to restore stucco wall or build anew.
India has 29 World Heritage Sites out of which 23 are Cultural Site
khajuraho group of monuments