Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MGMT 3303 Ch. 5
Transcript of MGMT 3303 Ch. 5
Dr. Laura Guerrero
Personality and values are sometimes part of what is called individual differences ...
What do you think that means?
Why would studying individual differences be value for the study of organizations?
encompasses the relatively stable feelings, thoughts, and behavioral patterns a person has.
Source: www.flatworldknowledge.com (Bauer & Erdogan)
In groups, explain:
(1) what are some of the issues with measuring personality
(2) personality determinants
The big five model
(3) openness to experience
(7) neuroticism/ emotional stability
(8) impact of big five at work
A few words about Myers-Briggs ...
In groups, explain and give examples:
(1) Core self-evaluation
(5) Risk taking
(6) Proactive personality
(7) strong vs. weak situations
(8) What is the right personality for a global workplace?
How can you use what you learned today?
What are values?
Why do values matter in the workplace?
refer to stable life goals that people have, reflecting what is most important to them.
Source: www.flatworldknowledge.com (Bauer & Ergogan)
In groups, explain:
(1) person-job fit
(2) person-organization fit
Person- job fit
(a) Employee likes the characteristics of the job (e.g., autonomy, opportunity to learn, etc)
(b) Employee's skills match the job requirements (e.g., college degree in Accounting)
Person- organization fit
(a) Employee values what the organization values (e.g., customer service)
(b) Employee shares values or other characteristics with many of the organization's employees
In groups, explain
(1) power distance
(2) example of high and low power distance
(4) example of individualism and collectivism
(6) example of masculinity and femininity
(7) long- and short-term orientation
(8) example of long- and short-term orientation