Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Role of Technology in Delivering the Curriculum
Transcript of The Role of Technology in Delivering the Curriculum
Increasing the capability of the teacher to effectively inculcate learning, and for students to gain mastery of lessons and courses.
Broadening the delivery of education outside schools through non-traditional approaches to formal and informal learning, such as open universities and lifelong learning to adult-learners.
The role of technology finds its place at the onset of curriculum implementation, namely at the stage of instructional planning.
Upgrading the quality of teaching and learning in schools.
Identify instructional goals
Plan instructional activities
Identify and assess instructional media technology
Choose an instructional media
Printed materials( books, worksheets )
Visuals ( drawings, photographs, charts, posters )
Visual boards ( chalkboard, whiteboard, flannel board. etc. )
Video, VCD, DVD
Factors for Technology Selection
1. Practicality ---- Is the equipment (hardware) or already prepared lesson material (software) available?
2. Appropriateness in relation to the learners ---- Is the medium suitable to the learners' ability to comprehend?
3. Activity/Suitability ---- Will the choosen media fit the set instructional event, resulting in either infromation, motivation, or psychomotor display?
4. Objective-matching ---- Overall, does the medium help in achieving the learning objective(s)?