Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Instrumentalism
By: Andrea and Heather
(and it's got absolutely nada to do with music.)
"Instrumentalism is the view that a scientific theory is a useful instrument in understanding the world."
"A concept or theory should be evaluated by how effectively it explains and predicts phenomena, as opposed to how accurately it describes objective reality."
What that really means is that instrumentalists value how well a theory works, over how true the premises of the theory are.
Instrumentalists see themselves as non-realists, and theorists.
IS SCIENCE OBJECTIVE?
Now, you ask...
Like I JUST said,
They don't evaluate their science based on objective reality. Objective reality being a dogmatic, inflexible truth, that they do not concern themselves with.
I hope this cleared some things up for you, because I know these questions have been keeping you all up at night.
Thanks for watching!