Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Story of Blima: A Holocaust Survivor by: Shirley Wachte
Transcript of The Story of Blima: A Holocaust Survivor by: Shirley Wachte
Setting and Theme
Poland, between the years of 1936 and 1947
Survivors appreciate things more after their time in camp.
I recommend this book to anyone who wants to know what jewish people went through during the Holocaust ( torture camps). But if you do not like graphic and horrific detail then I do not recommend this.
“the streets are paved with gold.”
After escaping the concentration
camp they flee to America. After reaching America she says this quote because they were the streets that led her to freedom.
Holocaust (Blima's Story)
Shirley Russak Wachtel
is an educator, novelist and author
Her work has been recommended by the New Jersey Commission on Holocaust Education
She is a professor of English at Middlesex County College, is a mother of three sons and resides with her husband Arthur in New Jersey.