Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Art of Light and Dark
Transcript of The Art of Light and Dark
Light and Dark
Chiaroscuro Pencil Drawing Exercise
Light source direction
Drawing sun when young
Hundreds of years ago it was the same concept.
Light was a symbol but never realistically portrayed
Symbols of Light
italian for "light and shadow"
Developed during the Renaissance
Trying to make paintings have more realistic representation
Combining strong contrasts between light and dark
"Conversion of Saint Paul",Caravaggio
"The Matchmaker" Gerrit van Honthorst.
"The Calling of Saint Matthew"
Wright of Derby, The Orrery
Light and Shadow Study
Objects to draw