Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Probiotics
- Probiotics can be used for gastric and intestinal illness ,alcoholic liver disease.
- To enhance specific and non_specific immune responses.
- Provide relief for lactose intolerance and bouts of diarrhea.
- Blood pressure control.
- Reduction in total cholestrol and triglycerides.
- Reduce the cancer risk.
How Do They Work?
- Produce low molecular weight anti bacterial substances that inhibit both Gram +ve and gram -ve enteric bacteria.
- Also use enzymatic mechanisms to modify toxin receptors and block toxin_mediated pathology.
- Prevent colonization of pathogenic microorganisms by competitive inhibition for microbial adhesion sites.
Made from fermented cabbage (and sometimes other vegetables), sauerkraut is also help with reducing allergy symptoms. also it rich in vitamins B, A, E and C.
Miso Soup :
Miso is one the main-stays of traditional Japanese medicine and is commonly used in
macrobiotic cooking as a digestive regulator.
The Best PROBIOTICS Foods For You To Add To Your Diet.
Probiotics and allergy
improve digestive function.
treat colic .
fight bacteria that causes ulcers.
boosting immune system.
fight food-borne illnesses.
prevent and treat urinary tract infections.
heal inflammatory bowel conditions.
manage and prevent eczema in children.
reduce flu and colds.
reduce overuse of antibiotics.
treat kidney stones.
prevent cavities and gum disease.
combat antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
treat liver disease.
What Are probiotics?
Probiotics are microorganisms that are believed to provide health benefits when consumed The term probiotic is currently used to name ingested microorganisms associated with beneficial effects to humans and animals.
For Poultry Farms And Poultry Industry :-
IN broiler nutrition: probiotic species belong to [
Lactobacillus, Sreptococcus, Enterococcus, Aspergillus ]
have benefitical effect on broiler performance :-
modulation of intestinal microflora and pathogen inhibition
improving the sensory characteristic of dressed broiler meat and promoting microbiological meat quality.
IN addition there is a combination of B
which are active probiotics beside some metabolites and enzymes.
1- inhance the body immunity
2- improve the intestinal micro ecology environment
3- inhibit growth of pathogenic bacteria
4- promote the growth of benefitical bacteria
For aquaculture :-
- Growth promoter by increasing apetite and improving digestion.
- inhibtion of pathogens by releasing chemicals with bactericidal or bacterostatic
which affect pathogenic bacteria in intestine and prevent their proliferation.
- Improve water quality especially by using gram +ve bacteria that convert organic matters into CO2 ( minimize accumulation of dissolved and particular organic carbon during growing season)
- Effect and improve reproduction as breeding in aquaculture have high nutritional demands.
- Non pathogenic.
- Non toxic.
- Resistant to gastric acid.
- Adhere to gut epithelial tissue.
- Produce anti bacterial substances.
- It should persist for long periods in the gastro_intestinal tract.
- Resistant to the bile acid.
- Need to avoid the effects of peristalsis ,which tend to flush out bacteria with food.
What Are The Types Of Probiotics ?
Similar to yoghurt, this fermented dairy product is a unique combination of goat’s milk and fermented kefir grains.
bacteria, kefir is also rich in antioxidants.
Other sources :
- Aged cheeses( blue cheese ,Gouda &cheddar)
- Brined pickles ,olives , beets
- Soybean sources (soy sauce , & Natto)
One of the best probiotic foods is live-cultured yoghurt, especially handmade.
specially that made from goat’s milk have been infused with extra forms of probiotics like L
Kombucha Tea :
Kombucha is a form of fermented tea that contains a high amount of healthy gut bacteria.
Help increasing your energy, enhance your well being and maybe even help you lose weigh.
20 Probiotic Benefits Proven by Research
important for improving survival and implantation of live microbial diatry suppling GIT by selectivly stimulating growth of one or limited no. of health promoting bacteria
Bifidibacteria +Fructo-Oligocaccharide (FOS)
- Lactobacilli + Galactooligosaccharide (GOS)
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus + Inulins
Synbiotics = probiotic + prebiotic in form of synergism.
For Pets :-
-Probiotics are important for keeping pet’s GIT healthy by affecting PH.
so lower number of diseases-causing bacteria and make it harder for potentially disease-causing pathogen to grow.
-They achieve peak strength , fitness, vigor and activity .
-Support pet’s production of B-vitamins (especially folic acid and biotin ) and vit.K.
-Promote minerals absorption.
-Support protein And CHO digestion , by probiotics enzymes .
For Ruminants :-
- Propiotics are important during early stages of life as they establish Microorganisms that form the main components of gut m
for the rest of life and prevent colonization of pathogens.
- They are very important during certain stressful periods as weaning , beginning of lactation period and dietary shift from high forage to highly readily rermentable CHO.
- They increase total number of cellulytic Microorganisms leading to better fiber digestability , stability of rumenal PH and decrease risk of acidosis.
- They decreas incidence of diarrhea and gut diseases in cattle.
- increase milk production.
- increase weight gain in sheep and calves.
They induce their effects through two ways of mechanism :-
1- Act on immune modulators that improve immune response and decrease inflammation.
2- PROBIOTIC microbes are effective competitors and able to compete better for nutrition and kill pathogens directly by secreting certain proteins (enzymes).
Diseases treated by probiotics
(1) Antibiotic associated diarrhea :-
(AAD) is caused by antibiotic therapy as antibiotic causing disturbance in the natural balance of good and harmful bacteria in the intestinal tract causing many symptoms like watery bowel movement,diarrhea and abdominal pain.
Probiotics are found that they prevent (AAD) as they restore the natural balance of bacteria in the intestinal tract with minor side effects and the efficacy of probiotics in the prevention depend on the strains used and on the dosage.
(2) Irritable Bowel Syndrome
is a functional bowel disorder in which abdominal pain or discomfort is associated with defecation or alteration in bowel habit , either altered frequency (diarrhea or constipation) or altered stool form (thin, hard, or soft and liquid).
Probiotics can regulate bowel function including motility, sensation, and immune function.
The probiotic that has been shown to improve the symptoms in IBS is B
Lactose malabsorpstion (it can’t be converted into glucose and galactose due to comblete or partial absence of lactase enzyme).
Therefore lactose is metabolized by intestinal bacteria producing H2 , CH4 and SCFAs leading to apperance of some symbtoms as bloating , crambing , flatulance and loose stool.
LI is treated either by commercially avilable lactase (tablets or food) or probiotics that produce B-galactosidase or lactase intracellulary by
L.acidophilus , L.bulgaricus , Streptococcus thermophilus
(3) Lactose Intolerance
Allergens are the foreign substances that cause allergies.
Some examples of allergens are: dust, foods (like wheat), and pollen.
WHERE DO ALLERGIES COME FROM?
there is a genetic component to allergies But in order to develop allergies, there must be an environmental trigger
Unfortunately, our hyper-vigilance about germs and bacteria may actually cause more allergies to develop.
that things like improved hygiene, vaccinations, use of antimicrobial medications, and the consumption of near sterile food have all decreased or altered our exposure to microbes.
As a result, our bodies do not always develop natural resistance (antibodies) to common allergens and we suffer from allergies that can range from mild to severe to chronic conditions
But populating your gut with the right probiotics could be the key to easing those allergy symptoms.
PROBIOTICS TO REMEDY AND PREVENT ALLERGIES:-
Probiotics have been proven effective in the remedy of many allergies like Eczema in infants and children
Probiotics are truly a miracle remedy, and not just for allergies!
Populating your gut with beneficial microflora improves your skin, helps you maintain a healthy weight, gives you energy and improves your overall well-being.
Other diseased can be treated by probiotics
Feature Of Probiotics :-
The symptoms that have shown more consistent improvement with probiotics are gas and bloating.
Aya Tarek Mohamed 13171
Amany Mohamed Farghally 13106
Amira Emad Eldin Attia 13129
Dalia Fraj Abdellah 13159
Alaa Mohamed Salah 13001
Eman Essam Mohamady 13152
Aml Walled 13113
Esraa Salah Ibrahim 13050
Amal Hasanen 13102
Aya Ahmed Elhusseiny 13166
Aya Ahmed Zaki 13167
Aya Salah 13170
Amira Saied Mostafa 13127
Amany Mohamed Ezzat 13107
Yomna Mohamed Ragab 13071
Fatma Zoher Mohamed 13080
Aya Abd el Hamed Taha 13173
Esraa Mohamed Mosilhy 13060
Entsar Deif abdElrazek 13135
Shimaa mohamed eldaly 13028
Eman Nasser Abu-elsoaud 13158
Doha Saqer 13164
Esraa Mohamed 13060