Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Airport Competition in Europe (Singapore Prezi)
Transcript of Copy of Airport Competition in Europe (Singapore Prezi)
RESPONSES MORE PASSENGER CHOICE MORE FOOTLOOSE
AIRLINES VERIFIED COMPETITIVE CONSTRAINTS Competitive Charges In 2012... 65% of Europe's airports either froze
or reduced their charges! COMPOUNDING
FACTORS - fixed costs
- two sided business
- geographically fixed
= Natural incentive to pursue VOLUME More Airports & Commercialisation +80 new airports (2008 v 1996)
+41% capacity increase by 2030 i) Technology IMPLICATIONS FOR REGULATORS - More Competition = Less Regulation
- Reappraisal & Fitness Check required - More efficient aircraft
- Development of surface transport
- Internet & Digital Revolutions ii) Airline Business Models - LCCs & Pan-European Airlines
- Restructured Network Airlines & Multi-Hub Strategies iii) Consumer Behaviour - Internet = empowerment
- Leisure & discretionary travel
- Commoditisation of air travel BUT ALSO... Increased competitive pressures! i) AVOID REGULATION WHERE COMPETITION IS EFFECTIVE
ii) RETHINK REGULATION WHERE COMPETITION STILL NEEDS TO DEVELOP 5th ACI Airport Economics & Finance Conference
Singapore, 7 March 2013 AIRPORT COMPETITION IN EUROPE @ACI_EUROPE ALL
CHANGE! 15 hub closures
since 2000 The threat of switching
& route closure impact - Transfer passenger with transfer alternatives
52% (2002) 63% (2011)
- More price-sensitive passengers
- Increased market transparency
- Destination switching Available to download
from http://bit.ly/W5nJxz Corporatisation & Privatisation - More incentives
- Focus on QUALITY