Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Somatotypes
- Your Healthy, Active Body
The Scoring System...
1) To learn the different body types (somatotypes)
2) Explain the effect each can have on participation and performance, including identifying activities where different body types are an advantage
- A lot of body fat
- A lot of fat on the upper arms and thighs
- Wide hips and narrow shoulders
- Fairly slim wrists and ankles
- Very little muscle or body fat
- Narrow hips and shoulders
- Thin legs and arms
- A narrow chest and abdomen
- Thin face
All performers are made up of these 3 extreme body types/somatotypes
Most people have a mixture of mesomorphic, endomorphic and ectomorphic characteristics
A person's somatotype can be graded using a scoring system....
A person is given 3 scores between 1 and 7 according to how well they conform to each of the extreme somatotypes
1 is a low score
7 is a high score
Are all players in a team exactly the same?
- Sport specific
- Position specific
?? What differences are there in your sport ??
- Very little body fat
- A muscular body
- Broad shoulders and narrow hips
- Strong forearms and thighs
Different Somatotype, different position?
RUGBY IS A GOOD EXAMPLE...
Position: Scrum Half
Weight: 14 st