Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Woman's Movement!
Transcript of The Woman's Movement!
How they did it.
"the personal is political"
The Second Wave
National Organization for Women (NOW)
"The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is a federal agency that administers and enforces civil rights laws against workplace discrimination."
Betty Friedan and the National Organization for Women
Monday, July 19–20, 1964
Vol XCIII, No. 311
What life was like.
"I'm desperate. I begin to feel I have no personality. I'm a server of food and a putter-on of pants and a bedmaker, somebody who can be called on when you want something. But who am I?"
The Women’s Rights Movement-1960s-70s
"I knew I was a part of making history...It gave you a real high, because you knew real things could come out of it."
"The 1960s-70s American Feminist Movement: Breaking Down Barriers for Women." Tavaana. Tavanna, n.d. Web. 13 May 2017"
The Daily Beast
“If one could characterize in a single phrase the contribution of Black women to America, I think it would be ‘survival with dignity against incredible odds’…”