Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Why The Base-Ten Number System?
Transcript of Why The Base-Ten Number System?
More than 2,000 years ago! If young kids use this, they would be confused! That's some reason we need Base-10! I don't how old Base-10 is, but I bet all students should learn the Base-10 by the time they're in 1st Grade, & Roman Numerals by the time they're in middle school. Patterns They Repeat! They Grow! The Base-10 Number System is the only number system that ever used growing & repeating patterns. Look at these examples. 6, 13, 20, 6, 13, 20 Repeating Pattern Growing Pattern 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 (etc.) The Truth is... Romans use the Roman Numeral system because that is how Romans use numbers.
Americans use the Base-10 because that is how we use numbers.
We need to keep how use normally & usually use numbers. State Opinion Why we should keep the Base-10 Written by Daniel Dorrian Problem Solving We need mathematics problems! If you try to solve problems with the Roman Numeral System it won't work! We need the Base-Ten Number System!!!!
In America, we need the Base-Ten Number System more importantly! Please don't delete the Base-Ten!