Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Palmitoylethanolamide in ulcerative colitis
Transcript of Palmitoylethanolamide in ulcerative colitis
In colitis ulcerosa the gut tissue tries to counteract
the chronic inflammation by the synthesis of
This was described in a 2013 paper from
the university of Rome (It) and Harvard (USA)
They measured palmitoylethanolamide levels in the gut tissue
of patients suffering from colitus ulcerosa and of a mouse model of colitis
In the graph we clearly see the differences in PEA content
in diseased tissue compared to healthy tissue: the right hand is human tissue and patient tissue; the left hand depicts the animal model tissue levels
PEA in its pure form, given orally (10-30 mg/kg BW) dose-dependentlyinhibited the symptoms of colitis,
bloody stool and inhibited
significantly a multitude of inflammatory parameters!