Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Hannah Paaschal-The Middle Passage-Period 6
Transcript of Hannah Paaschal-The Middle Passage-Period 6
What is the worst part?
In my opinion, the worst part was the actual ship ride across the Atlantic. The Africans were treated worse than animals on ship. The Europeans gave them little food and stuffed them side by side in tiny spaces below deck where disease was prominent. Many of the African slaves died on the long jouney to the colonies.
What should we do today?
We need to know what horrible things we did in the past and why we did it because we need to make sure that we never do it again. We need to learn from our mistakes to make this world better.
Why is this Important?
The Middle Passage-also called the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade-was a very sad event in history since it was when Europeans thought that they were better than the Africans and they kidnapped Africans and used them as forced labor salves. The Africans were treated very harshly and millions of them died.