Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Wanderer Above the Sea of fog
Transcript of Wanderer Above the Sea of fog
•The wanderer has his back towards the viewer
•The wanderer is the focus point of the whole painting he is the center of attraction. Color Palette and Light •Clouds are painted with multiple layers of paint.
•There is a very subtle color change and there are many mixes of different pigments.
•The light of the painting comes form the boulder the wanderer is standing on. Table of Content Identification
Composition and Technique
Color Palette and Light
Analysis Date of Creation:1818
Alternative Names:Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog, Der Wanderer über dem Nebelmeer
Created by:Caspar David Friedrich
Current Location:Hamburg, Germany
Displayed at:Hamburger Kunsthalle
Owner:Hamburger Kunsthalle Analysis •The landscape depicts the soul of a man.
•The boulder in the foreground represents earth.
•The pillars of rock that can be seen through the fog symbolize the human faith.
•The majestic mountain far in the background is a representation of God.
•The sea of fog is a metaphor of the eternal life in paradise.