Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
One Hundred Percent American
Transcript of One Hundred Percent American
By: Ralph Linton
February 27, 1893- December 24, 1953
as Americans, we try to preserve our Heritage
"foreign ideas have already wormed their way into [our] civilization without [our] realizing what [is] going on"
respected American Anthropologist
"The Study of Man"
- Status & Role concepts
"The Tree of Culture"
- an overview of human culture
- his wife finished the textbook
European & American
Clothing made of skin
Similar to Croatian shoulder shawl
Indian boats, Asian umbrella, and hat from Asiatic steppes
Indian knife, Medieval Italian fork, and Roman spoon
Abyssinian coffee plant
Syrup from Eastern Woodlands
Indochinese bird egg
Cigar from Spain
Newspaper- invented in Germany
Show that American are not that inventive
Every thing Americans own came from somewhere else
Americans claim this stuff as our own
ex: the "American breakfast" he had was not so American