Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of The Skeletal System
Transcript of Copy of The Skeletal System
6th Grade Health
What You're Going to Learn:
- What is a Bone?
- The Inside of a Bone
- The 4 Main Jobs of a Bone
-The Hips, Legs, and Feet
This is Important.
So you can be...
What Is a Bone?
- The Skeletal System is comprised of the bones and cartilage that
forms the framework of your body.
-We have bones so we are not a pile of skin and guts on the floor.
- Babies have about 300 bones when they are born.
-Adults have about 206 bones.
The Inside of a Bone
- Bones are made of salts, tissue, and water
-Inside bones there is a jelly-like substance called marrow
-Bone marrow produces blood cells for the body.
Why Are Bones Important?
- To protect your body and give it shape
- To protect your internal organs
- To provide a scaffolding for your muscles,
allowing you to move
- To store minerals and make blood cells
The Hips and Leg
- The Os Coxa (hip bone) helps us stand upright and move around
- The Femur is the largest bone in the body and aids in hip movement and extension and flexion of the leg
- The Patella is a triangular bone (knee cap) which protects the knee ligaments
- The Fibula helps form the knee joint (calf bone)
- The Tibia connects the bones in the ankle (shin bone)
- The feet are comprised of 26 bones
- Tarsals, metatarsals, phalanges
- What is a bone?
- What is inside a bone?
- What are the 4 jobs of bones
- Name the bones!!!!
Why do we have less
bones as adults than
we are born with?