Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
sir frank macfarlane burnet
Transcript of sir frank macfarlane burnet
Sir Frank Macfarlane Burnetwas born at Traralgon on September 3rd 1899. He went to Victoria State Schools and at Geelong College, he did his medical course at the University of Melbourne, where he graduated in 1922. In 1932 he spent a year at the National Institute for Medical Research, Burnet died of cancer.
Sir Frank Macfarlane Burnet conducted pioneering research in microbiology and immunology which lead to a noble prize.
prizers and awards
sir frank macfarlane burnet was the first australian of the year in 1960 He was recognised internationally for his achievements: in addition to the Nobel, he received the Lasker Award and the Royal and Copley Medal from the Royal Society and in 1978 a Knight of the Order of Australia. but he was most proud to be known as an australian