Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of TorS18 MrJ18
The Declaration of Independence
The Declaration of Independence was signed on July 4, 1776 to declare independence from Britain. It listed the colonists' complaints against the king and stated natural rights that should be enforced in a country. It was a breakthrough for America and defined how we live today. This timeline shows how we broke free from the King's rule.
We're done with you, Britain
We were fed up with Britain. The King was thousands of miles away, yet ruled as if he wasn't. He imposed taxes that were extremely unfair to us. Trials weren't speedy and irrational acts were passed, such as the Stamp Act. This dishonorable action caused us to get angry.... very angry.
We boycotted these "stamped" goods. We didn't want to pay for these normal items that weren't taxed before. We