Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Borden
1857, Gail Borden
Faith in managers
growth by acquisition
become low cost producers
successful brands ignored
NO regional Brands
2. No Marketing strategy
3. Brand recognition
Buy to buy
Laura Scudder Chips
Highest profits with Grocery
consolidation made things worse
flaws acquiring regional brands
ignored successful brands!
D'Amato reversed strategy
sell off = additional problems
Selective Demand Marketing
More differences than just brand recognition!!!
Differences in Brands
No Marketing Strategy
Only Brand Recognition
Hexion Specialty Chems
1. don't ignore brands!
1. Customer is !
5. Cross Market
4. build selective demand
3. extend brands
2. adapt to market
2. Cater to THEIR needs
3. Be adaptable!
2. Don't Force Growth!