Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Jainism
Dimension -Fasting during the monsoon period or any time
Mauna Agyaras -The soul exists forever
-You can reach liberation
-Reincarnation and karma - 24 Tirthankaras who revealed the truth
-Parshava- 23rd Tirthankara
-Mahavira- last Tirthankara -Agamas
-Nuns and monks had to memorize
-Many texts have been lost Ethical and Legal Dimension The Three Jewels
-Right conduct The Social and Institutional Dimension Sects:
Svetambara The Material Dimension -originated in India
-Concerned for the welfare of the universe and living things
-Non-violence The Universe 1. Supreme Abode
2. Upper World
3. Middle World
4. Lower World
5. The Base Basic Jain principles:
-Asteya (no stealing)
-Aparigraha (non-acquisition) 3 types of Jainism: