Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
st. valentines day massacre
Transcript of st. valentines day massacre
Time: 10:30 A.M.
Date: February 14, 1929
North side-2122 North Clark street
This was the most notorious gangster killing during the
a national celebrity as well as brought him the unwanted attention of the federal government.
During the Prohibition Era, gangsters ruled many large cities.
By the late 1920's, Chicago was split between 2 rival gangs: one led by
and the other led by
Many of the gangsters became rich from owning breweries, brothels, and gambling joints.
-While Capone was in Miami with his family his associate
Jack "Machine Gun" McGurn
-He had been recently the target for the assassination ordered by Moran.
- McGurn was placed in charge of the assassination to eliminate the Moran gang.
- McGurn hired a hijacker that told Moran that he had a shipment of some liquor
(Old Log Cabin Whiskey)
that he was willing on selling at a reasonable price.
Moran told him to meet him at his garage to do the exchange.
- Al Capone's men disguised themselves as
and took off in a stolen cop car.
-The two men entered the garage and with
fired off over 70 rounds.
of the Moran men dead.
tough for the Moran Gang
for the gang
James Clark and Adam Heyer
, associated with
for the Moran's
- lived for three hours then died later at a hospital,
to give any information about the incident
The Dead Victims
Effects of the Massacre
Moran which made his power to decline quickly
made Al Capone and his men
but arrested later in 1931 for tax evasion and sentenced to 7 years in jail
JACK "MACHINE GUN" McGURN
George "Bugs" Moran
AT THE SCENE