Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Tone
Adding a stress on a word can change the meaning of a sentence
Your tone changes because of:
-who you are talking to
English is a stressed language. When speaking, tone and stress:
-make conversations interesting
-add stronger meaning to your words
How a word is said
I didn't steal your red hat.
-to a teacher
-to a baby
-to a pretty girl
I have something to tell you.
With a partner, say this sentence with a different tone.
He's not coming to visit.
3. to your boss
When a word is said stronger than the other words
Did you steal my red hat?
didn't steal your red hat.
Strongly saying you are innocent and someone else stole it.
your red hat.
You have the hat, but didn't steal it. You borrowed it.
I didn't steal your
You stole a hat but it wasn't red.
I didn't say we should
kill him now.
Which words should be stressed?
I was so angry at John. He forgot to call me on my birthday. He said he remembered, but it was too late to call.
Write the sentence.
Circle the stressed word.
Match the stressed word to the correct response.