Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Top 20 web 2.0 tools
Transcript of Top 20 web 2.0 tools
Top 20 web 2.0 tools
Storyboard/ Story Jumper
Speaking and Listening
GoAnimate/ Animoto/ Photostory
Excellent tool for creating quizzes and flash cards.
Discovery Education's Puzzlemaker provides teachers, students, and parents, the tools necessary to create crossword, puzzles, word search puzzles and mazes.
Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide.
Can be an excellent vocabulary project for students.
Tagxedo: for bigger images.
Make and share your own comic strips with thousands of others.
Bitstrips for Schools is an educational tool that engages students using a medium they love - Comics!
Excellent tool for learning vocabulary for visual learners.
TED Talks provide viewers with insightful and thought-provoking commentary and ideas. The contents of many TED Talks can be directly or indirectly applied to your classroom practices.
Free access to all TED talks.
Vocaroo is a quick and easy way to share voice messages over the interwebs.
Can be used for class projects, recording assignments for exam classes. Free – open source
Voki is a FREE service that lets you:
- Create customized avatars.
- Add voice to your Voki avatars.
- Post your Voki to any blog, website, or profile.
- Take advantage of Voki's learning resources.
Can be an excellent tool. Teachers can use this for assigning speaking projects.
This tool can make your images talk. All the talking images can be downloaded as short movies.
Myebook helps you create and publish your own ebooks.
You have an option of selling your ebooks though this website.
An interface between students and teachers
A tool for teaching sentence structure.
Can be helpful in reading.
By the end of this presentation we would have:
- reviewed some of the latest web 2.0 tools which can be used in EFL/ ESL classrooms.
- observed how teachers can make the classes more interesting though the use of technology.
“Teachers are the one and only people who save nations.”
~ Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
Born: 1966-1976 : Gen X is often characterized by high levels of skepticism, “what’s in it for me” attitudes and a reputation for some of the worst music to ever gain popularity.
Gen Y are less brand loyal and the speed of the Internet has led the cohort to be similarly flexible and changing in its fashion, style consciousness and where and how it is communicated with.
Gen Z kids will grow up with a highly sophisticated media and computer environment and will be more Internet savvy and expert than their Gen Y forerunners.