Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Crime Fiction
What is genre?
"a kind, style"
"a specific area
of creative practice
that have unique rules
"different genres have
What makes crime fiction?
A Personal EXAMPLE
"crime writing is an account of
breaking the law, usually murder and
the subsequent detection of the culprit"
"the aim is then for an investigator
to discover the perpetrator's
identity by using facts,clues and
"appeals to the audience's curiosity as it has an element of discovery and traditionally, sets the audience to match its wits with the detective"
The different periods and major
transformations of the crime fiction genre
"we've become a race of peeping toms"
"Murder or marriage?"
"Go back to Jersey, sonny. This is the City of the Angels, and you haven't got any wings."
Crime writing is timeless
Our fascination with crime and the lack of crime in our lives makes it so popular..