Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of YELLOW FEVER
The virus, like malaria, is carried and transferred by mosquitoes.
The first yellow fever outbreaks in the United States occurred in late 1690s.
Nearly 100 years later, in the late summer of 1793, refugees from a yellow fever epidemic in the Caribbean fled to Philadelphia.
Yellow fever caused difficulties for the U.S. Army in Cuba during the Spanish-American War; reportedly more soldiers died of the disease than in battle.
The ongoing outbreaks prompted
military efforts for further research and the formation of the Reed Yellow Fever Commission led by
Walter Reed, an American army surgeon.
The disease of the Unknown...