Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
N1 - Keeping our Patients Safe
Transcript of N1 - Keeping our Patients Safe
IOM Report 2000
"To Err is Human"
Joint Commission was started as a result.
What Factors affect the Patient's Safety?
The Joint Commission
"Most nurses say their hospital is not safe"
"Nurse burnout causes HAIs"
"Nursing retention falling."
- Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) are the most common complication of hospital care, resulting in 1.7 million infections and 99,000 deaths each year. The added financial burden attributable to HAIs is estimated to be between $28 billion to $33 billion each year.
Use & Safety
2 legal reasons for restraint application
Physical & Chemical
Health Care Delivery System
Effects of Immobility