Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Symbolism in The Fall of the House of Usher
Transcript of Symbolism in The Fall of the House of Usher
"I SAW THE MIGHTY WALLS RUSHING ASUNDER-THERE WAS A LING TUMULTUOUS SHOUTING SOUND LIKE THE VOICE OF A THOUSAND WATERS-AMD THE DEEP AND DANK TARN AT MY FEET CLOSED SULLENLY AND SILENTLY OVER THE FRAGMENTS OF THE "HOUSE OF USHER"(310). The weather symbolizes what is happening in the story. The storm symbolizes the climatic action occurring.
" A WHIRLWIND HAD APPARENTLY COLLECTED ITS FORCE IN OUR VICINITY; FOR THERE WERE FREQUENT AND VIOLENT ALTERATIONS IN THE DIRECTION OF THE WIND" (306). The red moon symbolizes the bloodshed that has occurred.
"THE RADIANCE WAS THAT OF THE FULL, SETTING, AND BLOODRED MOON, WHICH NOW SHONE VIVIDLY" (310). The Fissure represents the disruption between Madeline and Roderick. This disruption breaks the house and family apart.
END "WHICH NOW SHONE VISIBLY THROUGH THAT ONCE BARELY DISCERNIBLE FISSURE" (310).