Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Natures Alliance 2016
Transcript of Natures Alliance 2016
Technology vs. Nature
Givens park redesign
Facebook ; Natures Alliance
To create a solution that is:
responsive to public opinion.
Educational Enrichment Program
We at Natures Alliance have also composed a great educational enrichment program we were interested in implementing at the local elementary schools surrounding Givens park.
Increased cases of ADD/ADHD
Not enough Vitamin D
We want to create more ways to increase the amount of time a child spends outside interacting with nature.
Redesigning the park
$230/month for materials
>$2000/year (excluding summer)
About $2100/supervisor during school year
7 to 1 ratio
Kids want more natural habitats, and better facilities
Teens want more natural habitats
Adults want more hiking trails and natural habitats
special thanks to Javier and Yen !
SPECIAL THANKS to...
Instructors: Javier abrego and Yen chea.
Reagan Early College High School
Zilker Nature and Science Center
UT Wildflower Center
Austin Park & Rec Department
Reasons for not going outside
Parks near me aren't nice
Not enough shade