Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
PEP 3156 -- Asynchronous IO Support Rebooted: the "asyncio"
Transcript of PEP 3156 -- Asynchronous IO Support Rebooted: the "asyncio"
Motivation and Goals
State-of-art async i/o for python
Future-proof but practical
Make good use of PEP 380 yield from
No new language features beyond 3.3
Interopability with legacy frameworks (Twisted, Tornado)
Coroutines - @asyncio.coroutine
Futures - An eventual result
Tasks - A coroutine wrapped in a Future
Event Loop - Where the magic happens
Transports and Protocols - Building your app
Giving Credit & Further Learning
That code sample I used:
But Wait! There's More!
Ported to Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.2 as trollius