Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
PEP 3156 -- Asynchronous IO Support Rebooted: the "asyncio"
Transcript of PEP 3156 -- Asynchronous IO Support Rebooted: the "asyncio"
Motivation and Goals
State-of-art async i/o for python
Future-proof but practical
Make good use of PEP 380 yield from
No new language features beyond 3.3
Interopability with legacy frameworks (Twisted, Tornado)
Coroutines - @asyncio.coroutine
Futures - An eventual result
Tasks - A coroutine wrapped in a Future
Event Loop - Where the magic happens
Transports and Protocols - Building your app
Giving Credit & Further Learning
That code sample I used:
But Wait! There's More!
Ported to Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.2 as trollius